Saturday, March 25, 2017

Some History

When my boys were at the age of school dances and girls, I was all of a sudden put into the position of picking out the corsage! Some of the girls had very specific corsages that they wanted, and then we tried to accommodate them, but most of the time we were left guessing and had only the color of her dress to work with. We mostly got corsages with white flowers.

Not all corsages are as durable as others, that we found out, too. One particular corsage was an orchid, very pretty and very expensive. The kids met for photos at someone's home, complete with a flowing chocolate fountain, which doesn't have anything to do with my story, but it was interesting all the same. Anyway, the orchid flower didn't stay attached to the bracelet. Drama, drama, drama! Photos had not even started let alone the dance, too early for a corsage to break down. We had nothing at hand to repair it, so it was a very sad thing.

Other times, I would go to the floral shop and try to order one with limited information. The florist was usually confident and suggested flowers and embellishments, but when it came time to pick up the corsage, I often felt a bit let down and wondered if I could make something I'd like better. And, of course one that would be more economical.  

I decided to try to make a corsage. It filled my head with nonstop thoughts and ideas, and I obsessed over every detail such as how would I make sure that the flower stayed attached to the bracelet and not cause drama and angst to my son's date. And then it started to be fun. The idea of making and selling Keepsake Corsages was born. 

Here are some photos of my first attempt at creating a Keepsake Corsage. I think it was well received!


 


Little Bohemian Heart has many other colorful flower wrist corsages, because, well, I happen to love lots of color. 



This last photo doesn't have anything to do with my shop, but it was a Capris salad that I made for the kids to eat before going to one of the dances. It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment